beauty in the countdown

Friday, December 31, 2010



This has been a great year.

I'm not even sure what to say about it.

I feel like I was completely broken down and rebuilt. It's been a year of contrast. I've had some of the worst moments and cried the most painful tears. But in the midst of it all, I developed so much appreciation for the brilliant subtleties in my life. I feel like my eyes were opened and I was kept in moments to experience them more fully, which was both agonizing and beautiful. God's strength was made perfect in my abundant weakness and I look back at 2010 and feel nothing but grateful for every detail of it. I have no distinct expectations for 2011 other than I know God will move because I think I've given Him the room. The picture I'd formulated in my heart of what I wanted and expected out of life has slowly disintegrated as I've learned to submit that which I cannot possibly orchestrate myself over to the Source of all creativity. I trust His plans are better than any I could design and I'm looking forward to stepping out in faith to what awaits in the new year. No clear cut expectations, just anticipation... and trust.


I have been so blessed this and every year.

Bonne Année!

(AND I think I pretty much kept my resolutions. New ones up tomorrow...) ♬Auld Lang Syne♬

You Might Also Like

0 comments