RESOLUTION: to preserve my son's childhood with a sense of adventure and tomfoolery

Saturday, July 24, 2010


My first post on this blog was on January 1st this year and it was a bunch of resolutions; ones I wasn't going to make if I wasn't going to keep them. One was 'to preserve my son's childhood with a sense of adventure and tomfoolery.' Adventure for me as a child was always found in books. Unlike TV (not that I don't like TV:), your imagination did all the work and there were no boundaries. You could imagine anything; anything was possible. So, my son and I have been going through some classic books and bringing them to life in our own ways.


For Alice and Wonderland, I got tophats and we decorated them so we could be madhatters. For my photography class last semester, I took some pictures of him in his madhatter state at a recreated hatter tea party in our backyard. He's a great model, don't you think?:) These are scanned from film prints so they look a little different, but you can still see how adorable he is... You might be lucky enough to see me as a madhatter in a future post;)>

You Might Also Like

0 comments