elope with me and we'll sail around the world

Saturday, September 11, 2010



My favourite season?

A U T U M N

It might be a little premature, but I'm declaring that the season has begun!

I grew up in a place that is predominantly forestland so I adore trees and leaves and when better to do so than when they're all orange and red and yellow and BEAUTIFUL?!

Things I love about Autumn:

Scarves like this one

Boots! Wellingtons, ankle boots, knee-high boots ~ whatever!
(If you know where to find any like these, let me know)


Adorable coats like this double-breasted one from Forever 21

Knitted hats

The decor like these cute pumpkins... I might do some like these this year...

...and soft lighting against the darkened sky.
I have these orange/brown flower lights in my window that I put up one year for my autumn decorating (yes, I decorate kinda like one would for Christmas- pictures to come!) and left them there because it makes me feel cozy to curl up on my couch at night and see them illuminating from the dining room.

Making treats like cookies...

...sweet potatoes (which I made today and the whole house smelled nutmeg/cinnamony and delicious!)

...candied apples...

...and caramel apple cider, which is great for my perpetually scratchy throat.
(sorry, I'm not a tea-drinker)

And the fact that the earth is coated in a beautiful bed of crunchy, splendiferous, beauteous-ness!


Belle and Sebastian have that chill, autumnal mood and I've been listening to them today. Here's a fav...

Another good song is Blackbirds in Autumn by Scatteredtrees,
which is in the playlist to your left.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!:)

You Might Also Like

0 comments