sick days... encore une fois

Friday, October 22, 2010



It's not my sick day, it's my son's, but seeing as he can't be home alone, here I am also. So, as he sits on the couch- what to do?

Homework? Yea, I'm, of course, doing that!;)
Cleaning? Did that yesterday.
Surf the internet? Why not...



I love this shirt! Super cute and I love bikes. Not-so-fun fact: I can't ride a bike. I learned when I was a kid- I did have parents! But when I had that aforementioned heart condition in high school, it affected my balance rendering me the one person in history who forgot how to ride a bike. I would need to completely re-learn...



Came across this adorable kid while looking for costume ideas. I feel like the only options given to girls (or should I say women) for Halloween are 1-slutty or 2-ridiculously stupid and embarrassing. I have no desire to be slutty and I'm ridiculous and embarrassing on a normal day so why would I dress up like that?? haha...Looks like I'll be looking to my existing wardrobe again this year.



Sweet potato cornbread recipe! We've been talking about this in one of my art classes (3 hours is a long time and we get hungry and culinarily creative... too bad that doesn't transfer to our work). Can't wait to try it out for Thanksgiving! I know I'm not American, but a pre-Christmas holiday that promotes good food and active appreciation? Yea, it's a keeper for this third-culture family! Plus, I have a pretty awesome turkey recipe that I'd like the excuse to use more than once a year...



Looking for inspiration for a masquerade I have tonight I came across this old picture of me and a friend in Venice. In hindsight, Venice would've been the perfect place to buy my mask for tonight. If only I'd had the foresight (and the money) in 2006 to realise I would need one on this day in 2010! Silly me... I've had to make do with Hobby Lobby supplies and my amazing superglue skills! Pictures will ensue...

Ok, I should really do homework now. I mean, continue the homework from which I took a brief break. Right...

Almost forgot to leave you with some music! This is a few years old but I'm currently enjoying re-discovering them:

You Might Also Like

0 comments