your excuses are staccato but you kiss in pure legato

Monday, October 11, 2010


your eyes dance over me,
your lips breathe symphonies
of compliments

i like to listen to music.
i've even gotten into the polyrhythm of
Sub-Saharan African tribal music.
my son and i spent Saturday morning
dancing around my room to Congolese songs.
(i claimed this was a form of studying;)
i'm just not sure i'm thrilled to read 125 pages
about music for my exam this week...
admittedly, i could have read them gradually
throughout the last 7 weeks,
but where's the fun in that?

motivation? procrastination... no instigation, just indignation with monotony, vapidity and insipidity.

no idea what i'm talking about? if you've ever been 9 weeks away from graduating, you do.

the point of this post? basically, to stop me from reading the same sentence in my textbook over and over again. so, thanks for distracting me... you're such a bad influence...


Hey, Mr. Music Man, sing me your sad song,
Hey, Mr. Music Man, let me sing along
And I could be
Your Harmony
Hey, Mr. Music Man, sing me your sad song,
Hey, Mr. Music Man, say it's been too long
And we are through
With this old tune,
Hey, Mr. Music Man, sing it once again,
Hey, Mr. Music Man, we're coming to the end
It's time that we
Pick a finale...

You Might Also Like

0 comments