happy thanksgiving (for real, this time)

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

So, I went on a trip over the weekend, as previously mentioned. Went to see one of the lovely people in my life who makes me wish teleportation were real so distance wouldn't exist in practicality. I had about 8 hours on the way up and 6 on the way down (freeway pile up on the way up, semi-speeding on the way down;) to sit and think and pray. On the way home, I didn't even listen to music. For someone who basically uses this blog to indoctrinate my readers with my favourite (yes, that's spelled right) bands and songs, that was notable. And also, the in-between time being with said lovely person and his lovely friends was edifying in a much needed way. I think I'm in a pretty good place in life. I would like to think I've sorted out some stuff. For those of you who wrote me concerned over my jogging, crying, praying post, I think I've really come through a lot recently and refined my thoughts, desires, and intentions. But of course, we never get to settle for too long. There's a next step looming rather imminently at present. I feel like I'm being prepared for something, like it's just beyond my grasp but won't be for long. I'm becoming a less tolerant person. Less tolerant of laziness, of wishy-washiness, of irresponsibility, of acting like I don't know who God is. He is Love. He is perfect. His timing is perfect. He wants what's best for me. He knows what I need more than I do. He wants to get me to where I need to go even more than I do and is more capable of getting me there than I am. He is worthy of trust. He has more than earned it. Frankly, I'm just not prepared to miss out on what He has for me because my own human-ness got in the way. So, I plan to start this season on the right foot.

Happy Thanksgiving! For what am I thankful? My son, my family, my friends- especially those lovely people;)- safety, provision, and for a God who's taking me somewhere I can't see but know I want to be. I like to wake up to this. So much so that when I went away for the weekend, I ended up quickly making another for myself to have there.


"Lord, I trust you with the desires of my heart and I will delight in You daily knowing your timing is perfect and I am where I should be today."

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving, beautiful people. (Check out this guy; he's pretty sweet. The second song on my playlist here is his.)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Totally can relate…..I needed to read that! :-) It was a nice reminder that Gods timing is Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great music suggestion! :) Hope you had a great Thanksgiving my friend!
    ~Kyle

    ReplyDelete