holding on til there's nothing left

Saturday, November 13, 2010

I can't think of you anymore than I can look into the sun,
I can't let you in without my strength being undone,
Can't be further from you than I am from my next breath,
Can't live without you but unity would be death
Of me,
Of will,
Of certainty.


Your eyes beg me to believe what your words won't prove,
You push me away but I can't seem to move
Under the weight of your reality where I love to be
But cannot stay when the facts are fantasy-
You, me,
"Meant to be,"
Unlikely destiny.
Can't tell you how I feel but you already know,
You give me nothing to hold, but you hope I won't let go,
I deserve better, though you're too good for me,
This could never work but it's the only way I see
For us,
For life,
For happiness.
Don't want you here but please don't ever leave,
I'll hold my ground when I want to concede,
It's like standing in the presence of my destiny
But I can't cede hard-earned security
For maybe,
For maybe not,
For possibility.


You Might Also Like

0 comments